I. Information we collect
We collect the following information from users who access or use the Services provided at our Website:
- Contact information – Use of the Website requires we obtain certain information from you such as, user name, e-mail, address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- Transaction Information – Use of the Website requires collection of shipment details, payment amounts, travel distance, financial account information, and other information required to facilitate the transaction;
- Location Information – Use of the Website requires collection of commercial drivers’ precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or phone number. We may also receive information about your location from third parties, such as your carrier;
- Messaging Data – Use of the Website facilitates communications between users, including messages through the Website, telephone calls, or SMS messages. In connection with facilitating this service, we may receive data, including the date and time of the message, call, or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the Website messages.
We also collect certain information through automated means from all users visiting the Website. For example, we use “cookies” and other Web technologies to collect certain information from all users, including visitors who do not purchase anything through our Website. A cookie is a string of data our system sends to your computer and then uses to identify your computer when you return to our Website. Cookies give us usage data, such as how often you visit and what information you access while at our Website. This information does not identify you personally, but in some cases it may link it to personally identifiable information.
II. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide other products and services (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send updates and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about Services you’ve purchased through tracking the status and location of shipments and facilitate communication between users;
- Provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Website, including for example, inviting you to participate in surveys and provide feedback, assist us in troubleshooting issues related to the Website or the Services provided through the Website, and from time to time offer you additional products and services.
III. How we Protect PII
We employ the following data security tools to protect your Personally Identifiable Information: (i) all data traffic is secured during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer encryption, (ii) passwords are secured by using a one-way encryption algorithm, and (iii) only certain authorized individuals can access your PII, and then only if it is necessary for their use or maintenance of the Website Services. Unfortunately, even with these measures we cannot guarantee the security of PII. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Website at your own risk.
IV. Sharing of Information
- Other users of the Website. For example, contact information including name, personnel and vehicle, vehicle license, vehicle make and model, precise or approximate location, and certain other contact information at the request of the shippers and carriers;
- Other people, as directed by you, in connection with the Website Services.
As noted above, we compile Website usage statistics from data collected through cookies and other automated means. We may publish those statistics or share them with third parties, but any such disclosure will not include PII.
V. Your Choices
You may decline to share personal information with us. Should you decline to share certain information, we may not be able to provide all Website Services to you, or certain features will not be available for your use.